Fundamental Sales Tips
PRE CALL PLANNING QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- What specific benefits are your clients looking for from you?
- How do the benefits match the needs of your client?
- How does your service/product compare to the competition's in providing these benefits?
- What makes you and your skills better than your competitors?
- What might prevent a prospective client from hiring you? (from using your product?)
- Are you a leader in your field?
- What makes you a leader?
- Why should the prospect/buyer/client - buy from you/use your service?
- What difference will it make to your client if they DON'T HIRE YOU, UTILIZE YOUR SERVICE, BUY YOUR PRODUCT?
- What are you offering that is pertinent to the changing times, economy, and prospect's market/their life? (Why are they awake at night?)
- What features of your service/product(s) are likely to pique your clients interest?
- Why do you want to do business with this client?
Once you have answered these questions for your target market, you will be well armed to make a presentation to a potential client. Your CONFIDENCE will be SOARING! Now the sales process can begin.
WHAT DOES THE SALES CALL LOOK LIKE?
- Develop rapport.
- Listen for needs and or goals - psychological as well as measurable.
- Verify the information you are gathering to make sure you heard your client.
- Ask if there is anything else they are willing to share with you regarding their need.
- Write down the criteria you gathered that is IMPORTANT TO YOUR CLIENT.
- Focus in on a key objective.
- Propose a plan with a time frame for expected results to meet the key objective.
- Ask for a commitment. At this point, if they say NO, re-verify that you have a complete understanding of their needs and objectives. It is ok to ask them what it will take for them to make a decision to use your services/products. This is a KEY time in the call. What you ask and say at this time will determine if the door remains open if you are indeed having a conversation with the decision maker.
- Set up schedule/meeting/close sale.
- Thank them for the opportunity.
REMEMBER THAT A SALES CALL IS JUST A CONVERSATION!
© Leading Edge Opportunities, Inc.
San Diego, California